Microsoft Office semester-long Class using these posts, links, and documents.
Let’s learn about Microsoft Office Suite (Primarily Excel, Word, and PowerPoint). Students will need a laptop with Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, ALREADY installed. MS Suite 2016 or Office 365. They will also need a thumb drive so files can be transferred to and from the teacher.
The goal of this class will be to learn how to learn the major functions in MS Office while creating fun projects. This class is appropriate for Middle and High School Students.
- PC with MS Suite 2016 or Office 365
- Thumb drive
- Notebook paper
- 1” binder
MICROSOFT OFFICE CLASS – Table of Contents
- WEEK 1 EXCEL — Financial Spreadsheet – Savings Account
- Microsoft Office Objectives for class.
- Video on the History of Excel. li>
- Show or Pass out
- Typing Speed Game.
- First Excel project: this site. Product students will create: Excel Savings Activities.
- WEEK 2 EXCEL — Financial Spreadsheet – Savings Account
- WEEK 3 EXCEL — Financial Spreadsheet – Checking Account
- WEEK 4 EXCEL
- WEEK 5 EXCEL – FUNCTIONS
- WEEK 6 EXCEL — MACROS (Excel Macro)
- Typing Speed Game
- Let’s play Kahoot!
- Work on Dice Rolling Program.
- Add button, record macro, and insert macro into button that will roll the dice.
- Protect workbook from accidentally erasing functions.
- View Caleb’s 15 sided dice.
- Keep working on functions.
- WEEK 7 WORD — MACROS (Word Macro)
- WEEK 8 WORD — Macros, Word
- WEEK 9 WORD — Word
- Typing Speed Game
- Check assignments for Grades.
- Work on anything you need to complete:
- See above links.
- Next week we start PowerPoint.
- WEEK 10 POWERPOINT — Jeopardy Game
- WEEK 11 POWERPOINT — Jeopardy Game
- WEEK 12 POWERPOINT — Jeopardy Game
- WEEK 13 OUTLOOK — Email Etiquette
- Open Outlook and talk about Email Etiquette
- Some tips for using MS Outlook
- WEEK 14 CLOSING
- Play Caleb M’s Jeopardy
- Interview two professionals who work in the field of computer programming.